Across industries, companies are noticing a need to develop a long-term logistics masterplan to coincide with the manufacturing evolution of their facilities. Miebach Consulting designs lean material flows to support the production processes and a flexible and expandable infrastructure. Additionally, as the role of the storage of finished goods moves toward more fulfillment activity and away from simple plant buffer, it becomes even more critical to ensure the operational processes are well-defined.
Meeting future plant requirements
The design process starts with understanding how your business and manufacturing plans will evolve in the long-term to define your future design requirements of the plant. Miebach then develops proper processes and efficient material flows in order to ensure the site logistics will meet your future needs. Only after this is defined, alternatives are proposed as to how technology could maximize the return on the transformation of your site.
- Long-term logistics plan to match site evolution
- Ensured SKU proliferation of material and components are handled effectively
- Optimal density of storage to create flexibility for manufacturing
- Efficient kitting processes for delivery to the lines
- Minimize material handling touchpoints and avoid buffers