Supply Chain Structures
Focus of Competence Area:
Strategic Supply Chain development – Design of goods and material flows within international supply networks
Examples of typical project contents:
- Development and concept of future supply chain strategies to fulfill required service levels
- Definition and quantification of material flows within networks to optimize logistics costs and performance, including process design, selection of 3PL, controlling.
- Support during change management of supply networks (from concept to implementation)
- Optimizing transport to increase process efficiency and economies of scale (e.g. route planning) as well as use of purchasing advantage (e.g. tariff-bonus systems).
- Support of entire outsourcing processes, from feasibility analysis, through concept, bidding process (including RFQ) to integration and start-up.
- Definition and implementation of business development strategies for 3PL service providers, including support of industry specific process know how.
- Support of 3PL and financial investors to evaluate service providers during due diligence, considering market, technology and operational aspects.