New distribution center of FRIATEC sets future course
With the construction of a new and innovative central warehouse FRIATEC sets the future path towards further growth. The company produces goods made out of non-corroding and wear-resistant materials. With the new distribution center in Mannheim, FRIATEC is able to supply national and international customers since the operational beginning in August 2015. The site plays a vital role in logistics also for its beligium parent company ALIAXIS.
FRIATEC decided to appoint Miebach Consulting as an integrated logistics and construction engineer to place responsibility of logistics, planning and realization in one hand to ensure an optimal solution, both logistically and financially. Additionally, the Miebach team managed very well the extremely challenging go-live timeline of the logistics site.
Have a look at the video in the media library with a tour of the new distribution center FRIATEC.
Klaus Wolf, Managing Director FRIATEC AG, about the project:
“The new distribution center is strategically important for us because we see an increase in market dynamics, especially abroad. With the new facility, it is now possible for us to accomodate the company’s growth and to serve our customers worldwide in short periods and higher volumes”.
„The particular features of the developed logistic solutions are the synchronization of the goods processing time and the provision time in the warehouse. The extraordinary dynamic of intra logistics can be also seen by the building structure”– says Bernhard Stock, integrated logistics and construction engineer and Member of the Management Board, Miebach Consulting.
- Key facts of the new site:
- Doubled storage capacity up to 12.000 pallet bays in one 35m high-bay warehouse
- Optimal use of limited space and transport routes
- Highly dynamic goods-to-man system, Miebach’s i.con Big cube solution, that can be scaled and expanded
- Sequential article supply
- Ergonomically built picking area work places (special equipment)
- Integration into the city view of Mannheim due to a specially designed outer wall
- Minimal investment of only 11 mio. Euros
For further information about this project, please contact Bernhard Stock.