Grupo Cortefiel ─ one of the leading Spanish fashion retailers ─ strengthens its presence in Mexico by opening new retail shops. As part of their business strategy the company decided to outsource logistics operations. Miebach Consulting Mexico was responsible for the tender.
Grupo Cortefiel has been present in Mexico through a franchised company that manages the outlets of the chain and provides them with goods from their central warehouse. Recently, the group decided to be present in Mexico with their own retail shops, opening stores of different brands and managing them directly. To provide logistics support, the company decided to outsource logistics operations – selecting a 3PL with experience in the textile/ fashion industry to perform the functions of storaging, order picking, sorting and the transportation of articles to the distribution center and points of sale.
For the complete outsourcing tender process, Grupo Cortefiel had the support of Miebach Consulting Mexico. This resulted in:
- Set up of company and country specific requirements for the 3PL
- Pre-selection of the logistics providers that exhibit the required expertise in the textile/ fashion industry
- Providing local support throughout the tender process (process management, answering questions, site visits, feedback from previous experiences and local performance of operators, etc.)
- Ensuring that 3PL providers perfectly understand the requirements of Grupo Cortefiel
- Technical, quantitative and qualitative evaluations of the 3PL proposals
- Recommendation for the final 3PL selection
Besides Miebach Consulting Mexico, the Miebach office in Barcelona was involved in this project and contributed to the successful completion of the tender for Grupo Cortefiel – which has been a key client of Miebach Consulting Spain for several years.
About Grupo Cortefiel
Founded in Madrid, Spain, in 1880, Grupo Cortefiel is one of the leading apparel retailers in Europe. Grupo Cortefiel is present in 72 countries with 1,900 points of sale for its brands Cortefiel, Pedro del Hierro, Springfield and Women's Secret. The group is leading the fashion niche markets for men and the corsetry and lingerie markets in Spain.
For further information about the project, please contact René Lara: email@example.com