Translating business strategies into logistics
For decades, Miebach Consulting has focused on providing clients with efficient warehouses that are designed by an organization that ensures thought leadership in logistic processes and technologies. To this day, warehouse design remains a core service of our organization. For us, the design of the warehouse does not start with the layout or level of automation. Rather, we start by translating your future business strategy into tangible facility requirements, and then by looking at the strategies and processes to best fulfill these design requirements.
Automation level follows Processes
The design process starts with understanding how your business and manufacturing plans will evolve in the long-term to define the future design requirements of the plant. Miebach then develops proper processes and efficient material flows in order to ensure the site logistics will meet your future needs. Only after this is defined, alternatives are proposed as to how technology could maximize your return on the transformation of the site.
- Increased throughput and productivity
- Proper level of investment for each functional area which maximizes return
- Detailed implementation plan including phasing
- Clear and definitive specifications as a basis for tendering
- Maximizing the efficiency of existing and future facility footprint